Welcome to Naklo Primary School
Naklo Primary School
Naklo primary school (Osnovna šola Naklo) was established in 1997. In past years, the teachers have provided education, knowledge and several after schedule activities at the very highest level.
All the teachers are completely devoted to work and are open to improvements. That is why we have decided in year 1999 as one of the few schools in country to implant the national reform of the primary education. We have been more than successful so far.
Our school has also close links with the local community, which plays a major role in the day to day life of the school. Our pupils regularly appear on the stage of several local concerts, shows and performances. All staff, parents and pupils are in sympathy with the community and celebrate its cultural diversity.
What we can offer
Naklo Primary School is committed to full development of the educational potentials of all its pupils with number of new methods and using the ICT. We aim to provide a happy and caring environment, in which we offer pupils a number of different activities, included in curriculum. They can take active part in
- drama lessons,
- different sport activities,
- multimedia workshops,
- cookery courses,
- investigation of domestic culture, animals and heritage,
- writing articles for school’s gazette,
- take dance lessons
- and they can make sculptures, too.
School in numbers
The school accommodates 590 pupils from 6 to 15 years old. They are very successful in national competitions from different sphere of activities. The total number of teachers is 60. Our school has two branches and two nursery schools.
In and around school
In our school we have a library, where pupils can also study and do their homework. There is a computer suite with 24 computers. All classes are timetabled to use it. The playground behind the school is fully equipped. We have also the nursery playground, with its own play equipment.
Our school and playground
Previous cooperation in Comenius projects
Our first Comenius project began in year 2000 with the project, titled Children's literature through fingers. We have been cooperating with seven partners from all over Europe. We have successfully completed the project, got important experiences and quite a few new friends.
Now we are involved in some new projects within Comenius.
Will you let us join you?
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Republic of Slovenia lies at the heart of Europe, where the Alps and the Mediterranean meet the Pannonian plains and the mysterious Karst. To the north is Austria; to the east, Hungary; to the south, Croatia; and to the west, Italy. Slovenia became an independent state in 1991 and a member of the EU on May 1, 2004.
In Slovenia, you can experience amazing contrasts in only one day: a morning swim in the Adriatic, followed two hours later by skiing below Alpine peaks, then an adventurous discovery of Karst subterranean phenomena and an invigorating bath in a thermal spring; an encounter with history in a lively mediaeval city and, not far away, a more solitary stroll through primeval forests or undulating, winegrowing hills.
History of our school
- 1859 Establishment of the first school with only one classroom.
- 1903 The first enlargement of the school, pupils learn in two classes.
- 1910 Construction of a new, bigger school with four classes, which was in the following decades always a branch of a bigger school in the nearby town.
- 1992 The first ideas and discussions about building the whole primary school for more than 400 pupils.
- 1997 Erection of Naklo own primary school, with the whole range of classes that became one of the most beautiful schools in Slovenia.
- 2002 After five years the school became too small, the extension was needed.
- 2004 We got fully and beautifully equipped playground.
|all photos taken by Andraž Žnidar
|Name of institution:
||Osnovna šola Naklo
Naklo Primary School
||Glavna cesta 47, 4202 Naklo, Slovenia
||+386(0)4 277 01 00
||+386(0)4 277 01 33
||Mrs. Tatjana Lotrič Komac, M. Sc.